Software System Engineer 2 -United States
US Citizenship Required
- Manages or uses applications designed and applied as a commodity, leveraging best-in-class process/lifecycle management implementation processes
- Collects organization specifications and takes part in product description and prioritization of functionality, including consumer usability studies
- Conducts comparative analyses on product-level features
- Creates technical documentation of products/solutions in device software.
- Helps to build and review end-user and professional end-user reports
- Drives the generation of innovations for future products in system applications or for the next iteration of a current model.
- Protects intellectual property by incorporating applicable regulatory functions ( e.g. procurement, patents, open-source)
- Leads or engages in the lifecycle of the production of information systems, including analysis, new development, modification, security, error repair, reuse, re-engineering and maintenance of software products
- Designs and introduces significant technical or performance upgrades for current system devices or creates new products or tools for system applications.
- Design and development of applications for security platforms or embedded devices in Windows, Linux or related dynamic multi-threaded OS environments
- Makes machine software updates to fix bugs in the initial installation and introduces extensions to current systems to add additional functionality or boost performance.
- Reviews product quality standards, criteria and designs; establishes and executes product quality or performance assurance plans and tests;
- Works with the team to create, manage and coordinate existing production plans, timelines and development status with the team responsible for shipping goods under budget, plan and quality guidelines
- W2 CANDIDATES
- Excellent understanding of Operating System and device driver programming interface.
- Strong knowledge of Linux, FIO, NVMe-CLI, and a scripting language (Python is a plus).
- Ability to quickly translate storage system NVMe drive use case into bench level test for feasibility.
- Ability to troubleshoot drive firmware and hardware issues.
- The ability to troubleshoot drive firmware and hardware issues.
- Thorough understanding of the NVMe protocol, flash/NAND technologies/interfaces,
- Experience with PCIe and NVMe protocols is a huge plus.
- Preferable candidate with knowledge of OS driver development
- Experience with DELL PowerEdge servers is a strong plus.
- Working knowledge of Windows, Linux, or VMware operating systems is preferred, as is conceptual understanding of driver development.
- Understanding PCIe/NVMe analyzer (LeCroy, SerialTek, or Xgig) is preferred
- Participates in the planning, evaluation and study of criteria and specifications for information systems
- Prepares written criteria for activities with mid-level difficulty from verbal requirements
- Prepares, where appropriate, design, practical, technological and/or user documentation
- Using defined methodologies for the software system lifecycle
- Reviews and executes information device product evaluation methods
- Follows the source code and regulation of file revision for projects
- Guarantees that the technological environment is maintained correctly and that any issues are fixed.
- Ensures that modern architecture is correctly deployed in keeping with standards and requirements.
- Ensures the correct settlement of conflicts that have been compounded.
- Identify performance problems and pushes to address the production of tools.
- Directs cross-functional teams to develop the architecture of IT infrastructure.
- Mentor to less seasoned members of the squad.
- In cross-functional and intra-departmental efforts, it has technological expertise.
- Good knowledge and expertise in the environment of virtual computing.
- Conveys project challenges and status explicitly
- Logs project plan, delay, and other details correctly
- Analyzes and conducts pattern papers on indicators of efficiency
- Participates in enhancing product quality by better processes and procedures
alarm_on Work arrangement
Site: Remote - Texas, United States
Location: Remote - Texas, United States
Please send your CV to: