Software Senior Principal Engineer
Provides full design, planning, configuration, documentation, deployment and top-level support ownership of storage infrastructure technologies.
Identifies design requirements and makes recommendations for capacity planning, performance optimization and future direction.
Designs storage solutions per business requirements.
This includes performing storage workload modeling for sizing, optimization and troubleshooting.
Researches and compares system/OS features and works with vendors on system sizing for specific applications.
Understands storage virtualization, data rationalization, workload automation, storage provisioning, Disaster Recovery and SAN Fabric management.
Troubleshoots storage-related reliability, availability, and performance issues.
Collaborates on and implements architecture recommendations to application integration, system administration, problem management, preventive maintenance, performance tuning. Identifies and eliminates performance bottlenecks and makes performance-related recommendations (hardware, software, configuration). Leads or participates in the software development lifecycle, which includes research, new development, modification, security, correction of errors, reuse, re-engineering and maintenance of software products.
Manages or utilizes software that is built and implemented as a product, using best-in-class development process/lifecycle management (ex: Agile, Waterfall).
Gathers business requirements and participates in product definition and feature prioritization, including customer usability studies.
Performs competitive analysis for features at a product level scope. Leads the testing and fixing of new or enhanced products.
Creates technical documentation of software products/solutions.
Assists with the development and review of end-user and technical end-user documentation.
Drives idea generation for new software products, or for the next version of an existing product.
Protects Intellectual property by working appropriate legal elements (ex: procurement, patents, open-source).
Responsible for the delivery of products within budget, schedule and quality guidelines.
Works with the team to develop, maintain, and communicate current development schedules, timelines and development status.
Makes changes to system software to correct errors in the original implementation and creates extensions to existing programs to add new features or performance improvements.
Designs and develops major functional or performance enhancements for existing products, or produces new software products or tools.
Reviews requirements, specifications and designs to assure product quality; develops and implements plans and tests for product quality or performance assurance.
- Experience in unit testing tools and frameworks such as Junit, Easy Mock, Mockito
- Experience with DevOps tools such as Maven, Gitlab, Artifactory, Checkmarx, Sonar Cube
- Experiences in Open Source tools like Apache and NGINX Web/App servers
- Experience in using MQ frameworks like RabbitMQ, Kafka
- Experience in DB technologies like Oracle, PostgreSQL,
- Java, J2EE (Boot, JDBC, ORM, JPA, JMS, WS, Data), REST Services using Spring and Micro Services, Web Service, REST API & Java with Internet Protocol Version 6
- Professional Linux/Unix Systems Admin experience
- Experience developing Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) in a High Availability environment
- Docker implementation and experience with docker container build, scripts
- Prior experience in Java services implementation for IPv4 & IPv6, telnet, SSH, DNS, NTP and basic network skills-building java interfaces
- Cloud Foundry, and Kubernetes (VMWare, PCF and PKS experience)
- STS, JUnit, GIT, Maven
- experience in scripting and schedulers on Linux systems
- Proficient in developing Microservices using frameworks like Spring boot
- Proficient in deploying it to cloud technologies like CF
- Proficient with Docker, Kubernetes and PKS
- Proficient in developing scripts and scripting languages.
- Exposure to MQTT technology
- Implementation of Closed-Loop Corrective Action schemes for multi-department programs and processes
- Leads to the implementation of large and diverse programs and goods
- Provides reliable resource, scheduling and cost sizing for medium complexity software creation and implementation initiatives
- Leads the creation, testing and deployment of code for dramatically complex new or current applications involving several teams
- Leads the study, investigation and closed-loop corrective action for bugs that lead to technical errors and issues with the business process
- Designs and executes project and product lifecycle software and quality assurance procedures
- Defines, tracks, analyzes and reinforces indicators of organizational and departmental efficiency
- Leading the creation and architecture of high-quality, dynamic networks and storage/software
- Prepare, evaluate and analyze software criteria for difficult goods and systems
- Conducts concept, practical, technological and user documentation review and analysis
- Leads the development, evaluation, study and deployment of software/storage products and systems test strategies
Please send your CV to: