Software Principal Engineer
- Collects business requirements and participates, including customer usability studies, in product definition and feature prioritization.
- Performs competitive analysis at the scope of a product level for features.
- Responsible for testing and fixing new or improved products.
- Creates software products/solutions technical documentation.
- Leads or participates in the lifecycle of software development, which includes research, new development, modification, security, error correction, reuse, re-engineering and software product maintenance.
- Manages or uses software built and implemented as a product, using best-in-class process/lifecycle management development processes (ex: Agile, Waterfall).
- Ownership of storage infrastructure technologies offers complete architecture, planning, configuration, documentation, operation and top-level assistance.
- Identifies criteria for construction and makes suggestions for capability planning, optimization of efficiency and future course.
- Design storage technologies according to company specifications.
- This involves the analysis of storage workloads for sizing, minimizing and troubleshooting.
- Study and compare system/OS features and work on system sizes for individual applications with vendors.
- Understands virtualization of storage, rationalization of data, automation of workloads, provisioning of storage, Disaster Recovery and management of SAN Fabric.
- Reliability, availability, and performance problems related to storage troubleshooting.
- Collaborates on and implements application integration, system administration, problem management, preventive maintenance, performance tuning architecture recommendations.
- Identifies and removes bottlenecks in performance and makes performance-related recommendations (hardware, software, configuration).
- Assists in the development and review of documentation of end-users and technical end-users.
- Drives the generation of ideas for new software products, or for an existing product in the next version.
- Protects intellectual property by implementing suitable legal components (ex: procurement, patents, open source).
- Responsible for the distribution of goods within budget, timing and quality guidelines.
- Works with the team to develop, maintain and communicate the current schedules of development, timelines and status of development.
- In order to correct errors in the initial implementation, makes changes to system software and creates extensions to existing programs to add new features or performance improvements.
- Designs and designs substantial technical or performance improvements or introduces new technological products or tools for current products.
- Reviews standards, criteria and templates for product quality assurance; defines and executes product quality or performance assurance programs and tests.
Bonus whether you have either of the following or more:
- AI/MLL working experience
- Area information in telecommunications
- Good intellectual abilities and the capacity to rapidly obtain and industrialize new information
- Self-starter and perfection in taking and crystallizing unclear specifications into scalable data solutions
- Advanced degree in Informatics/ Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or a related area
- 6-8 years of hands-on experiences in building production-grade data pipelines, architectures and data sets; industry experience preferred
- Expertise in the related technology for data engineering (e.g. Spark, Python, Kubernetes) in AWS or AzureExperience of data transformation creation and related workload control
- Batch and streaming data architecture experience, such as Kafka, Kinesis, Flink, Storm, Beam
- Experience in the architecture and dimensional simulation of data warehouses
- Expertise in different types of systems for databases (object storage, document or key-value stores, graph databases, column-family databases)
- Excellent coding ability in Python, Go, Java or Scala
- GitHub repo contributor or owner
- Experience of leading ventures in data engineering
- Contributes to the development, testing and integration of technology with several teams for new or current applications of considerable complexity.
- Provides for issues leading to software/storage errors and business process problems with the investigation, examination and closed-loop corrective action
- Contributes to the design and architecture of high-quality, dynamic applications and environments for software/storage Prepare, study and evaluate device and device software/storage requirements
- Contributes to the production, evaluation, study and application of test strategies for storage products and systems for complex software products and systems
- Designs and executes project and product lifecycle software and quality assurance procedures
- Presents senior leadership with correct project status, both at a summary and comprehensive level,
- Prepare technical papers used internally and publicly to supply other departments with both overview and detailed technical knowledge to complete projects and activities.
alarm_on Work arrangement
Must be W2
Business Unit: BU033-P&O
Site: San Francisco, California, United States
San Jose, California
Please send your CV to: