Senior Advisor, Database Administrator - United States
- Provides support for database operations, monitoring databases and backups, fixing repeated and simple issues and escalating complicated incidents following the standard operating procedures.
- Provides support for database production focusing on availability, capability, performance, security and DR.
- Performs all tasks of database installation and configuration, improves performance, performs health checks, backups and recovery, manage changes according to documented standards.
- Resolving problems with database instances, Damage Recovery, replication and backups
- Provides support for database development and project in compliance with standards for database design.
- Designs and build database systems for various platforms and computing environments to meet business requirements.
- Provides guidance on standards and best practices, help development teams with activities related to database during the software development lifecycle.
- Evaluates and certifies database technology, and helps on vendor relationship management.
- Designs develops and drives database standard implementation, applies properly tools and procedures to the organization.
- Ensures that database security controls meet the requirements of audit and compliance policies.
- Implements proper database technologies for data privacy and data classification according to regulatory guidelines.
** Candidates must be W2
- Having strong technical SQL Server DBA (Elastic Search DBA / Mongo DBA knowledge are added advantage)
- At least 6 years of practical experience with SQL Server DBA
- Practical understanding of Windows OS and Linux OS
- Writing skills to automate DBA activities
- Having skills in software development for database automation
- Conducts in all aspects of database management and applies advanced knowledge of at least one area
- Establish quality criteria for all aspects of database management
- Consults with management to support and implement technical enhancements
- Manage big, complicated projects that are longer-term in nature or projects that have been key priority for the user community; leads programs and special projects
- Play a role of model/mentor in database and business user community
- Assesses and give advice to the purchase and utilization of technologies such as DMBS/s, servers, extract and conditioning tools, metadata management, security tools, archival/recovery tools and data access
- Build up project plans for implementing data warehouses; develop data storage and management processes for specific data warehouse projects
- Plans projects and manage the technical aspects of a data warehouse implementation and maintenance
- Identifies, fixes and applies preventive measures to protect applications and system software from technical problems.
- Investigates and works on non-standard problems or issues that involve various technologies, ex: browser to spindle and suggests long-term solutions and fixes
- Proposes and monitor the implementation of system level configuration changes
- Accomplishes complex application environment builds and refreshes
- Builds and executes disaster recovery procedures
alarm_on Work arrangement
Site: Remote - Texas, United States
Location: Remote - Texas, United States
Please send your CV to: