[Remote] Consultant, Database Administrator - United States
- Provides support for database operations, monitoring databases and backups, fixing repeated and simple issues and escalating complicated incidents following the standard operating procedures.
- Provides support for database production focusing on availability, capability, performance, security and DR.
- Performs all tasks of database installation and configuration, improves performance, performs health checks, backups and recovery, manage changes according to documented standards.
- Resolving problems with database instances, Damage Recovery, replication and backups
- Provides support for database development and project in compliance with standards for database design.
- Designs and build database systems for various platforms and computing environments to meet business requirements.
- Provides guidance on standards and best practices, help development teams with activities related to database during the software development lifecycle.
- Evaluates and certifies database technology, and helps on vendor relationship management.
- Designs develops and drives database standard implementation, applies properly tools and procedures to the organization.
- Ensures that database security controls meet the requirements of audit and compliance policies.
- Implements proper database technologies for data privacy and data classification according to regulatory guidelines.
*Must be W2***
- At least 8 years of hands-on experience as a MongoDB DBA and prefer to having knowledge of any of these (i., Oracle 19c, Postgres 11.x & 12.x, SQL)
- Working knowledge in Linux OS 4. Scripting skills to automate DBA activities g.
- Required soft skills: Excellent Communication. Good team work. Able to work under pressure and tight schedules
- Have good software development skills for database automation
- Expert in giving solutions to technical subject matter
- Work closely with Project Managers to ensure projects are scoped and executed successfully. •
- Ready to take on new challenges and work in a very dynamic and agile work environment.
- Willing to learn new technologies and approaches and will thrive on new challenges. •
- Strong sense of urgency to meet deadlines and achieve results.
- Preferable: 8+ Years Professional Certifications: Oracle certified professional (OCP in 12c, 18c or 19c) / MongoDB certified DBA / Postgres Administrator (10.x plus)
- Performs as a database technical expert in the development of innovative, complex and cost effective solutions.
- Plans and manages development and integration of new database technologies, establish quality standards.
- Provides direction for projects, helps to solve complex technical issues.
- Serves as a consultant to development teams, senior leadership and customers on database programs and system strategies
- Initiates and leads strategic planning and efforts.
- Establishes quality standards to all of database management aspects, shares business vision and achieve it through system design together with teams.
- Design and implement innovative solutions for database systems being prepared for undefined business needs.
- Performs application builds and refreshes for complex application environments.
- Provides tutorial and guidelines complex database systems, provide advice, mentoring and coaching to others needed.
alarm_on Work arrangement
Site: Remote - Texas, United States
Location: Remote - Texas, United States
Please send your CV to: