Advisor, Technical Program Management
- Drives a core product design team to deliver a product(s), service(s), or solution(s) to external customers.
- Leads cross-functional, Worldwide core team(s), kicks off programs, establishes schedules and drives meetings.
- Cross-Functional Team members can include Services, Engineering, Quality, Product Operations, Marketing, Procurement, Global Operations, Finance, etc.
- Drives the core product design team to meet or exceed program objectives (Cost, Quality, Schedule, Features, Fulfillment/Continuity of Supply, Solution delivery across products & service offerings, and Customer Specific Needs).
- Prepares the core product design team and extended teams for internal and external ISO Audits for Dell to maintain ISO Corporate Compliance.
- Manages audit processes and drives for success.
- Establishes clear objectives and deliverables for each program that support the LOB’s business.
- A Program Manager is often expected to manage multiple programs in parallel. Develops Offer Lifecycle deliverable document(s), schedules timely executive review, and delivers phase reviews along with interim updates.
- Tracks progress, reports status and makes necessary corrections to achieve program objectives.
- Establishes working relationships and influences/persuades at the Manager, Director, General Manager, Vice President, and Senior Vice President level.
- Subject matter expert in product development processes, product/solution areas, and customer needs and usage.
- Builds effective, high-performance core product design teams and provides ongoing performance feedback to functional management.
- Leads the cross-functional team to define the product/solution definition and requirements.
- Manages the creation, review and approval of the MRD and Phase Exit materials.
- Works with core product design team and executive leadership to establish quality and customer experience goals for the program.
- Works with the core product design team to establish plans to achieve the quality and customer experience goals.
- Drives the creation, review and approval of the Program Plan or Statement of Work (SOW).
- Manages major risks and issues through effective contingency planning and proper escalation.
- Ensures core product design team members communicate post mortem findings to the appropriate departments.
- Attaches each phase exit document lessons learned and review lessons learned for the next phase.
- Manages and communicates program changes post Plan Exit using PCR’s to ensure cross-functional/org alignment.
- Analyzes and reports actual performance vs. Program goals. Drives team to deliver quality results at, or better than, quality goals.
- Manages non-product or solution cross-LOB initiatives, examples include Cost of Goods Sold management, and Resource sizing/planning.
- Presents and communicates status to the business leaders.
- Leads a program of medium complexity (technology, organizationally).
- Implements change as directed in the product development process and recommend process