Advisor, Cybersecurity Engineering & Operations
- Participates in analyses of the tools, technology, and procedures required to protect the enterprise in all ways.
- Tools, procedures, data, monitoring, and technology are preserved and streamlined, and performance criteria are established for their successful use.
- Deploys applications, policies, documents, and technology, and sets performance requirements for their good use.
- Works on cybersecurity issues that can be extremely nuanced and broad, with a specific focus on defense operations.
- Selects tools and approaches to define and advocate appropriate alternatives for defense.
- Specializes in one or more fields of security operations, including network, host, database, device, event management, cloud, authentication, identity, and other new technologies.
Required Soft Skills:
o Problem solving and analytical skills.
o Good written and oral communication skills.
o Must work well independently and with others as part of a larger team and be able to collaborate on cross-functional teams.
o 5+ Years Information Security.
o Experience working knowledge of system events and associated logs.
o Experience working with MS Windows Desktop and Server operating systems.
o Experience working with Linux/Unix.
o Familiar with incident management procedures.
o Familiar with Data Privacy Laws and the associated security requirements.
o CISSP experience
Required Technical Skills:
o Degree in IT or 5+ years of IT experience in a corporate environment.
o Understands advanced concepts of investigations, evidence handling and computer forensics.
o Experience with or understanding of one or more major computer forensic products (EnCase Enterprise, FTK, etc.).
o Experience with SQL based database platforms.
o Experience with storage environments a must. Isilon storage array experience strong like to have.
o Knowledge of how-to build and deploy Windows images.
o Knowledge of VMWare virtualized infrastructure, management, and deployment
o Knowledge of Dell desktop hardware.
o Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, Group Policy and SCCM.
o Solid understanding of Windows Events and event correlation.
o Advanced scripting skills (Powershell) to create and support ad-hoc tools.
o Thorough knowledge of networking technologies and configuration (routers, firewalls – Palo Alto/SonicWall, etc.).
o Knowledge and experience with cloud providers such as Azure and AWS
- Tools, protocols, data, monitoring and technology are retained and streamlined and performance metrics are established for their successful use.
- Participates in analyses of the tools, technology and processes required to protect the enterprise in all ways
- Acts as the bridge in cybersecurity activities discussions between professional and non-technical contributors
- Usually, the boss offers the concern and a high-level approach for more complex issues
- Create and preserve comprehensive documents to endorse systems for cybersecurity
- Works on medium difficulty cybersecurity issues, with special focus on protection operations
- Selects approaches and strategies to define and advocate successful security solutions
Please send your CV to: